Smoothing Knots – sport & remedial massage
This Privacy Notice outlines the basis on which we will process personally identifying information (‘Personal data’) that we collect, receive and use for customers who attend the clinic and use services of Smoothing Knots sport & remedial massage.
Our privacy commitments
We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties includes:
- Personal Data collected directly from you through the initial consultation process: your name, phone number, postal address, email address, gender, date of birth along with relevant and appropriate health and medication information. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services purchased by you.
- Personal Data received indirectly through third parties, where another medical professional may have shared information related to injury or condition at the express request of the client.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
All of the personal information we hold about you is that which we collect directly from you, for example:
- each time you attend clinic and update personal or clinical information
- when you attend clinic you effectively purchase our services
- when you call or email to discuss an issue with us
Clients and Parents/Guardians
We collect the following data from you at an event or in attendance of the clinic, either as a client or parent or guardian, accompanying a minor:
- Data Collected Directly: your name, email address, postal address, gender and age, job type and medical history (as appropriate) in the first consultation process and subsequent attendance.
- Data Collected Indirectly: your attendance history and treatment notes will be updated when you attend clinic.
We will not use your personal data even if you follow our social media accounts.
On the rare occasion photographs are used on our Social Media account, the express written authority from the client will be obtained prior to publishing any pictures.
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data:
- For the administration of your bookings for appointments, training advice and rehabilitation information and to contact you about your purchase (for example with details on times and dates and to confirm your attendance)
- To make professional judgements about treatment plans and to communicate any relevant information discussed during your treatment session
- Where specifically requested by you ‘the client’, any referral to another healthcare professional. This will be discussed during your treatment session and the information provided to another healthcare provider will be an outline of our investigations, past and present conditions, muscular findings and treatment from attendance in clinic. The client will always be notified of any such correspondence.
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING
We will NOT send you marketing about similar products and services by post, telephone, email, SMS and through digital channels, unless the client has requested specific information in clinic.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
Smoothing Knots will not sell your information.
We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to provide our services to you and administer your account. We may share your information with the following categories of third parties:
- third party service providers who we instruct for the purposes of handling software systems or data audits.
- third parties involved in assistance in providing accounting support
- regulators and law enforcement agencies, including the police, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM Revenue and Customs or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations).
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you:
- remain a registered client of services provided by the clinic;
- have attended the clinic for treatment within 7 years from the date of your most recent appointment;
After 7 years, if no communication has been received by Smoothing Knots, we will regard you as an inactive client and delete your details from our records. An exception to this would be where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
Your Personal Data is kept as a paper copy and contains the data gathered from your physical attendance at clinic. These are kept locked and secured in a cabinet which is only accessible to authorised Smoothing Knots employees.
- We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption and virus checking procedures.
- We keep Personal Data (e-mails and contact numbers) on local devices and these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised Smoothing Knots employees.
- We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL DATA
When required, either on request from the client or after 7 years, we shall ensure that any personal data is disposed of in a secure manner such that the information is not recoverable.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and under GDPR law (25.05.2018) you have the following rights:
To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
To require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
To require us to erase your personal information;
To require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
To receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller;
To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our business. All such changes will be posted to the website and if we consider it to be appropriate we will notify subscribers of any material changes by e-mail.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information